Wednesday

Theme-tastic - OKMG

OK, I've decided that I need a theme for this blog - more than just "bits and pieces about my life".

Claire & Lara's travel blog idea is out because, well, I don't travel right now and how interesting is a blog about wanting to travel?

A personal Finance blog is out because mine are in shambles and, while I find talking and reading about money immensely interesting, the rest of the internet-addicted world may not.

I love reading about celebrities, but I don't want to write about them and there are so many celebrity blogs that are already good (Pink is the new blog - Heeey!).

I thought about doing a blog that details my trials and tribulations of Grad school, which has the potential to be very interesting. However, I am not sure that I want to discuss my troubles with Anthropological studies. While people actually commented on my only Anthro related post, I don't think people will be that interested in the actual subject material over the long term.

I could do a Crunchtastic blog, but I'm not that committed to that yet.

I'm leaning towards NYCRouge goal of OFAG (Operation Find A Girlfriend). Her blog is only tangentially about that, but she is succeeding BTW. Mine, of course, would be OKMG/F/W (Operation Keep My Girlfriend/Fiance/Wife), OKMG for short. And, if all else fails, I can change the blog to OGOG (Operation Get Over Girlfriend ) and then to OFAG, which would have the double meaning of Girlfriend/Guy (to really confuse people, remember, though, bisexuality), but, hopefully, I won't have to do that.

So, here's where I need help. My actual practice of romantic is ... nonexistent (relatively). Any ideas as to what I can do to execute OKMG would be appreciated. It is worth mentioning that I have forced T's standard extremely low, so anything could potentially be romantic.

I have some parameters:

1. Obviously it has to be romantic - DUH!
2. Cheap/low-cost ideas will be greatly valued.
3. Ideas that seem well-thought out but involve little time will also be greatly appreciated.

Please leave your comments here and spread the word.

Sunshine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, everybody out there... yeah you... you should REALLY help her out! Really... I'm not kidding! She's CLUELESS!!! (plus you gotta admit OKMG is really cute, she's already +1. Shhh, don't tell her).

Anonymous said...

What's more romantic than wanting to be romantic? :)

Sunshine said...

My sentiments exactly, Jacq!

Anonymous said...

hey that's a great thought........
your blog will turn out a hot spot for couples....i guess there are lots who are tryin hard to keep their relationship up....good luck...glad to see your comment on my page.

Valerian said...

I don't know about you, but I find that *doing* things with that special someone is special. Those things help build memories.

Of course I've been going to the beach every weekend, and there is something just totally exciting about taking turns lathering the sunscreen all over each other, then watching her as she carries her board off to catch some waves. We have enough time on the beach to 'do our own thing' and yet also to drool over each other.

After we're done on the beach, we then shower off and that gets interesting too. ;-)

Romance is really about what you *do* within "the moment" and about making each and every moment special. (what do I know, I flunked out last time, but I'm making up for lost time this time around :-) And so far, it seems to be working) :-D

~Valerian

Sunshine said...

Hey V!

you stuck in a comment down here!

You are so right about the memories thing and physically doing stuff. T's all about that. I have a problem with thinking of stuff to do. She's so much better at that. Any ideas, other than the beach (although that's free, we live way out west and we don't get up early enough for that. - but maybe I'll plan a special day at the beach.)?

Thanks!

Claire and Lara said...

we finally got into your blog now we're in singapore!
boo for socialism (vietnam, cambodia) in that it blocks blogs...

this is hysterical....
YOU should read around the world in 80 dates...looks like were thinking along the same lines AGAIN

What it be...

My photo
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States

myspace code

Things to learn

  • Bellydancing
  • Ballroom dancing
  • Ride a horse
  • Conquer aquaphobia
  • Surf
  • Mountain/Rock climb
  • Speak multiple languages
  • Play bass guitar
Deets

Places to visit

  • Alaska
  • Antarctica
  • China
  • India
  • Puerto Rico
  • Machu Picchu
Deets

Blog Archive